(1) Once upon time, two families lived separately but in close proximity in ancient city of Babylonia , there was a wall joining the two houses having a tiny hole in it that nobody noticed .
(2) one of the families had a young man named Pyramus , the other had a girl named Thisbe.
(3) Pyramus adored the young virgin Thisbe.he was lost in her love If he looked to the water ,he would see her face and if he had a view to the moon, a ray of her smile would come to his sight.
(4) they decided to marry as a sequel of their great love, but the parents refused and prevented them from meeting, making the two lovers have to exchange whispers at night through the crack in the wall between their homes conserving by signs and glances , exchanching love words and letters in wards and backwards .
(5) The two lovers became fed up with their families' deprivation to see each other, So they decided to meet near a Ninus's tomb out of the city under the mulberry tree which bears white fruit as snow.
(6) The girl arrived first and waited the oncoming of her love. meanwhile, a lioness came out of the jungle nearby and blood covered its pliers after it had eaten its prey
(7) Thisbe ran away, leaving her veil - which she used as no boday wouldn't be able to notice her, the lioness torn it to pieces. And shaded the blood away. Pyramus attended and saw the veil soaked in blood.
(8) he thought the lioness had devoured Thisbe, his beloved, so he sat with grief under the mull berries tree and stabbed his sword in his heart, shedding His blood on the granules of snow white berries, The blood pentrated the ground , reached the roots and transfered the fruits into blood red colour .
|Thisbe By Waterhouse|
You can see also The legend as told in Wikipedia